Your location information is dependent on several sources: GPS, Wi-Fi Networks, cellular data and device hardware. If you’re experiencing location issues on your device, please give the following steps a try:
- Make sure your device has a clear view of the sky: GPS may not work indoors, surrounded by buildings, underground places etc.
- Ensure that your location settings are enabled. Turn on Wi-Fi: Your device doesn’t need to be connected to any Wi-Fi networks, but keeping WiFi on allows location service to work better.
- It is important that the location, date and time are set correctly on the device to ensure the accuracy of the GPS information transmitted.
- Make sure that mobile data are enabled. Your smartphone may have access to the mobile network to initially acquire a GPS fix.
- Make sure that the device battery has enough power. Otherwise, the GPS receiver may be deactivated in some mobile devices.
- If you cannot acquire a GPS location within 10 minutes, the GPS receiver of your device may not work properly. Reboot your device and try again.